27 December 2010

Ransom for a Heartsick Emperess...

Heartsick Empress... I haven't used that title in a while. My best friends Jude and Levi used to call me that. I guess it was their pet name for me. Lets start with the basics. 
I'm Abigail. I'm 21 as of the 2nd of November. I live in a small house with my other 7, yes 7 family members. I am the oldest of all of them and the youngest two are my awesome little heathens. I did the normal American lower middle class thing where I went to school did well, rebelled against my parents and their divorce,  went to high school, came out to my parents graduated high school went to college with honors.

Now I'm here. Sitting at my laptop, the keys clicking away like rapid machine gun fire my brain pouring out on to this screen. Well I guess that I should give you a reason as to why I'm here.... Right now... writing this....

I lost my best friends in the world this year. Now when people say best friends, they normally mean the people that they tell things that they don't tell others to and/ or the people that they spend the most amount of time with. They were so much more than that. They were my friends, my confidants, my brothers, My  heart. They knew the darkest parts of my heart even better than I did. I was there the night they got engaged and they were there the night and every night after Elizabeth shattered my heart. They were more than anyone could ever ask for. 

They were in a car accident on Easter morning. I will never forget it. I lost part of myself when I lost them. I lost a this year. I guess this is my way of reclaiming it...

No comments:

Post a Comment